Women’s Hiking Group
“O LORD, how manifold are thy works! In wisdom hast, thou made them all: The earth is full of thy riches.” Psalm 104:24
CBC SportsLife Women’s Hiking Group is made up of women (adults only) who seek the beauty and serenity found in God’s creation—away from the deadlines and To-Do lists of their busy lives. Ladies at any level of experience—from the exploratory beginner to the expert—are welcome.
- Our hikes range from 3 to 7 miles in length, depending on location, and are on established nature trails (rather than cross-country).
- Our hiking pace is around 3 mph, depending on the terrain.
- For their safety and enjoyment of the hike, all ladies wishing to participate must be in good physical condition.
- Hikes in San Antonio city parks, including Friedrich Park and Eisenhower Park, are completed before or soon afternoon.
- Hikes in parks outside San Antonio, including Lost Maples State Natural Area, Hill Country State Natural Area, and Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, are all-day hikes.
We begin our hikes with a prayer and have a devotional reading during a rest break. We also spend a portion of the hike in silent reflection or prayer.
All hikers must bring water or a sports drink. Feel free to bring a snack (and lunch for the longer hikes), as we will take rest and lunch breaks as needed. A hat and sunscreen are recommended.
For more information and the current hiking schedule, please contact Sonya Neff at: email@example.com
By joining this group you agree with the terms and conditions of the participant sports waiver seen here: SportsLife Participant Release.
To register, click here.